Steven Shane, M.D., M.S.
- American Board of Pediatrics: Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Graduate Medical Education
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Pediatric Residency | Pittsburgh, PA
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship | Pittsburgh, PA
- West Virginia University | Morgantown, WV
- University of Michigan | Ann Arbor, MI
- Pennsylvania State University | State College, PA
Born and raised in West Virginia, Dr. Shane lived in Pittsburgh, PA for five years during postgraduate training where he met his wife. He worked at The Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters in Norfolk, VA and at the University of Michigan before moving to Reno in 1998.
Dr. Shane initially had a brief stint working as a general pediatrician for the University of Nevada School of Medicine, and then practiced ten years of pediatric critical care medicine at Renown. Prior to starting at C.H.A. in 2014, he commuted to Las Vegas for 6.5 years, working in 2 pediatric emergency departments.
Dr. Shane developed the C.H.A. Healthy Weight Program in 2016 and continues to direct this program.
Dr. Shane enjoys cycling, skiing, hiking, traveling, live music, and spending time with his wife of 25 years, 18-year-old son and his 22-year-old daughter.