Must Try Fall Healthy Swaps
Fall is here! Oftentimes, fall is associated with treats that are high in sugar and meals that are high in fat and salt. Fall treats don’t have to be guilt-inducing and can be a fun way for you and your family to connect over creating healthier options. Sometimes just switching out one or two ingredients can make a large difference for your health. Here are some fun tips and tricks to create healthy fall options. We promise they won’t taste healthy and will be satisfying for everyone.
Fall Healthy Swaps:
- Use 1/2 of the sugar that the recipe calls for. Try adding in more spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Skip the gluten. Try a crust-less apple pie or a gluten-free flour like almond or coconut.
- Try homemade instead of store-bought. Make your own apple cider in a slow cooker with little sugar and try things like oranges and cloves.
- Use Egg Whites instead of Eggs. Substitute two eggs whites per egg for a lower cholesterol option.
- Use less salt and more spices. Salt can have harmful impacts on your body. Try using half the salt a recipe calls for and using more spices.
- Switch out your oils. Avocado oil and olive oil are great options for baking instead of vegetable oil. Also, try using no sugar apple sauce in your recipes to replace oils and sugar.
- Make it fun! Try new recipes with your whole family to find out what works best for everyone.
Check out our Pinterest page that is full of healthy fall recipes for you and your family to try!