Community Health Alliance Plans To Administer Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine to Children Aged 5-11 Starting Nov. 8
Community Health Alliance will be offering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to children aged 5-11 starting Monday, Nov. 8. Two doses are recommended, with the second dose due three weeks after the first. Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to receive their vaccine.
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), getting a COVID-19 vaccine can help protect children ages 5 years and older from getting COVID-19.
- Vaccinating children can help protect family members, including siblings who are not eligible for vaccination and family members who may be at increased risk of getting very sick if they are infected.
- Vaccination can also help keep children from getting seriously sick even if they do get COVID-19.
- Vaccinating children ages 5 years and older can help keep them in school and help them safely participate in sports, playdates and other group activities.
If community members are in need of transportation to and from Community Health Alliance’s health centers, please call (775) 336-3035 for an Uber voucher.
COVID-19 vaccines are available at both Community Health Alliance’s Wells Ave. Health Center and Sparks Health Center:
- Wells Ave. Health Center: 1055 S Wells Ave, Reno, NV 89502
- Sparks Health Center: 2244 Oddie Blvd, Sparks, NV 89431