COVID-19 Vaccine Information
We are providing COVID-19 vaccines to patients and non-patients at select health centers as well as community events in Northern Nevada.
The COVID-19 bivalent mRNA vaccine schedule has been simplified for most individuals. The number of bivalent doses varies by age, vaccine, previous COVID-19 vaccines received, and the presence of moderate or severe immune compromise.
- At the time of initial vaccination, depending on vaccine product, children ages 6 months–4 years are recommended to receive 2 or 3 bivalent mRNA vaccine doses; children age 5 years are recommended to receive 1 or 2 bivalent mRNA vaccine doses
- People ages 6 years and older who are unvaccinated or previously received only monovalent vaccine doses are recommended to receive 1 bivalent mRNA vaccine dose
- People ages 65 years and older may receive 1 additional bivalent mRNA vaccine dose
- People the age of 65 and under who are moderately to severely immunocompromised may receive 1 additional bivalent mRNA vaccine. Please see the list of qualifying conditions.
Currently, non-immunocompromised individuals under the age of 65 who have already received a single dose of the bivalent vaccine are not eligible for another bivalent COVID-19 dose.
If you do not have access to a computer, please call our Wells Ave. Health Center pharmacy at (775) 336-3035.
What to Expect
We ask that you wear a mask and bring the following to your appointment:
- Insurance card and Medicare red, white and blue card (if applicable)
- Clothing with easy access to your arm
- Your CDC vaccine card from your first appointment (if applicable)
- Completed Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Informed Consent Form – English | Spanish
- Completed Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Informed Consent Form (Ages 12+) – English | Spanish
- Completed Pfizer COVID-19 Pediatric Vaccine Informed Consent Form (Ages 5-11) – English | Spanish
- If you are unable to print the form and complete it prior to your appointment, you will have the opportunity to fill it out on-site
After registering for an appointment online with Community Health Alliance, you will receive a confirmation text message or email to remind you of your appointment. If you need to cancel your appointment, we ask you to cancel 24 hours in advance so that we can fill your spot accordingly.
When you receive your vaccine, our team of medical providers will ask you to wait a minimum of 10 minutes to observe for any immediate reactions to the vaccine.
You are not advised to get the COVID-19 vaccine if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are ill at the time of your vaccination.
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- You have had anaphylaxis to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Nell J. Redfield Health Center, Sun Valley
Sparks Health Center
Wells Ave. Health Center
Become a Patient
We are accepting new patients. Conveniently request an appointment online, and we will be in touch with you shortly.Book an Appointment