Woman Infant and Children Care (W.I.C.)
We partner with W.I.C. to provide more specialized health care for the entire family. Our W.I.C. Program operates at all six locations throughout the community.
List of services:
Lactation Counseling: Lactation consults include assessment of breastfeeding, assistance with latching, providing breast pumps or breastfeeding aids as needed, developing a plan to help the mom reach her breastfeeding goals while also giving her confidence and empowerment.
Peer Breastfeeding Support: Provides mother to mother breastfeeding support and education during pregnancy and after birth.
Nutrition: The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children provides supplemental foods, health care referrals and nutritional education to low-income pregnant and postpartum women as well as infants and children up to age five who are at nutritional risk.
Additional W.I.C. Services: Fluoride varnishes, referrals for low-cost car seats, Farmer’s Market coupons, help finding a physician or dentist.
W.I.C.’s Nutrition center provides the following nutritious foods:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Infant formula
- Baby food
- Whole grains, tortillas
- Iron-fortified cereals
- Peanut Butter
- Vegetable and fruit juice
- Soy milk
- Enhanced food package for breastfeeding moms
For WIC locations and hours click here
We offer WIC services at all of our Community Health Alliance Health Centers as well as the following locations:
• Wooster Family resources center – 1950 Villanova Drive, Reno, NV 89502
• Anderson elementary school- 1055 Berrum Lane, Reno, NV 89509 (van site)
• Desert Heights elementary school- 13948 Mt. Bismark Street (van site)
• Sparks Scolari’s- 950 Holman Way, Sparks, NV 89431 (van site)
• CSA Head Start Sutro Street- 1100 East 8th Street, Reno, NV 89512
• Renown Pregnancy Center- 975 Ryland St. Suite 105, Reno, NV 89502 (van site)
• Sun Valley –5295 Sun Valley Blvd, Suite 8., Sun Valley, NV 89433