Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
It takes a village to raise a child, and we are proud to be a member of yours.
Here at Community Health Alliance, we understand that it takes a village to raise a child, and we are proud to be a member of yours. We are the second-largest WIC provider in Northern Nevada and help support thousands of families in raising happy, healthy children.
We provide education, breastfeeding support services, supplemental nutritious foods, and referrals to health and social services to pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, infants, and children under the age of 5 who live in Nevada. We also offer additional one-on-one support, monthly virtual support groups, and can provide internal and external referrals to expert breastfeeding and lactation care.
Our WIC participants range from working to non-working families, and we do not limit eligibility on the basis of citizenship or immigration status.
Below is a preview of the services and support we offer families:
- Health screenings
- Supplemental nutritious foods, nutrition education, and nutrition counseling
- The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for WIC provides food and nutritional education to low-income pregnant and postpartum women as well as infants and children up to age 5. We offer a range of healthy foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, milk, cheese, fish, tofu, and more.
- Breastfeeding support services
- We provide mother-to-mother breastfeeding support and education during pregnancy and after birth. In addition, we provide lactation counseling which includes assessment of breastfeeding, assistance with latching, providing breast pumps or breastfeeding aids as needed, and developing a plan to help the mom reach her breastfeeding goals while also instilling confidence and empowerment.
- Farmers’ market coupons
- Referrals to health and social services
- Assistance finding a medical provider or dentist
To receive WIC services at Community Health Alliance, please apply online:
Providing WIC Services through the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile
The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile is out and about in the Northern Nevada community providing WIC services by appointment only. We provide WIC services at our various health centers as well as community partners including schools, nonprofit organizations, welfare departments, and more. View our community outreach calendar to see where the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile will be next.
Learn more about:
- Community Health Alliance WIC Locations Throughout the Community
- Ensuring WIC Access in the Era of Public Charge
- National WIC Association’s Immigration Resources
- How to create an Academy (Online WIC Education Class) Account
- Aprendamos cómo crear su cuenta de cliente on Vimeo
Need help? If you have difficulty understanding English or have a disability, free language assistance or other aids and services are available upon request. Please contact your local WIC Clinic.