COVID-19 Resources and Updates
Updated: January 19, 2022
Changes to Services Community Health Alliance Offers
If you think you have COVID-19, you have a few options as a patient at Community Health Alliance:
- Call Community Health Alliance at (775) 329-6300 if needing an antigen or PCR COVID-19 test. Our team of providers will determine what test is best for each patient based on the individual’s reasoning behind their need for testing, i.e. exposure to COVID-19, active symptoms of COVID-19, etc.
- As of Jan. 19, 2022, Community Health Alliance is now offering a limited supply of Pfizer’s COVID-19 oral antiviral treatment called Paxlovid to adult patients 18+ who test positive for COVID-19.
- Please call Washoe County Health District at (775) 328-2427, or visit their COVID-19 testing website.
COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available at our Wells Ave. Health Center, Sparks Health Center, and various locations throughout our community via our Mobile Medical Center. You can book an appointment here or visit our community outreach calendar to find a vaccine clinic near you.
Our pharmacy has chosen to make some changes to our process in order to comply with social distancing. We are limiting the amount of people allowed into the Wells Ave. Health Center pharmacy to four (4) people at one time, standing six feet apart. In an effort to minimize traffic and support social distancing guidelines, we have introduced free mobile delivery service within a 20-mile radius from our Wells Ave. Health Center and Sparks Health Center. Please contact our Wells pharmacy team at (775) 336-3035 or our Sparks pharmacy team at (775) 997-7303 to schedule your free pharmaceutical deliveries.
Health Care for the Homeless
Please note we have suspended operations at our Record Street Health Center for the Homeless, however, we do service individuals who are experiencing homelessness at each of our health centers. In addition, we are providing medical services for families through our Mobile Medical Center at OUR Place, the largest emergency housing provider for women and families in our community.
Due to recommendations from the American Dental Association and the CDC for the safety of our patients and staff, we’ve created a new workflow to help you feel safe when visiting our clinics. We have now enhanced infection and prevention control at the health center. Please make sure to wear a mask when you come to your appointment.
We are performing regular exams, cleanings, fillings and crowns for our patients. Please call us to make an appointment at (775) 329-6300. We accept walk-ins until 4 p.m. Monday – Thursday, and until 3 p.m. on Fridays.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Services
Community Health Alliance WIC will continue to enroll families in need of WIC services.
We have temporarily suspended physical services at the following locations due to COVID-19:
- Sutro Head Start
- Wooster Family Resource Center
If you receive WIC services at these locations or wish to enroll in the program, we encourage you to call (775) 870-4343. We are conducting any scheduled WIC appointments over the phone so our clients can continue to practice social distancing. Eligibility information can be faxed to (775) 870-4643.
We are offering physical and telephonic appointments at the following locations:
- Nell J. Redfield Health Center, Sun Valley
- Sparks Health Center
- Nell J. Redfield Health Center, Neil Road
We are offering WIC services through the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile throughout the community. Please visit our community outreach calendar to learn where the Care Mobile will be next.
Screening Protocols for COVID-19
If you think you need COVID-testing, please call (775) 329-6300 to make an appointment with your provider. We can provide an antigen or PCR COVID-19 test on-site. Our team of providers will determine what test is best for each patient based on the individual’s reasoning behind their need for testing, i.e. exposure to COVID-19, active symptoms of COVID-19, etc.
Providing quality health care is always a top priority for us, and our staff is working hard to ensure everyone’s safety during this time. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards, and want you to feel welcome and at ease when you visit us.
COVID-19 Screenings at Our Health Centers
We will screen all patients and visitors for COVID-19 at our front desk. Staff will ask you and those in your group a few screening questions. Your well-being is our topmost priority, and we will continue to adapt our protocol and procedures as the situation evolves.
If you have a companion for your appointment, they will also be screened prior to your appointment. Minors and adults with special needs may have one parent/guardian accompany them. The person accompanying the patient may not be allowed in the treatment area.
How to Stay Informed on COVID-19 in Washoe County
A number of public health organizations, hospitals, and non-profits, including ours, are working collaboratively in this community to respond to COVID-19. We are stronger through these partnerships and are deeply committed to keeping our patients, as well as our team members, safe through this pandemic.
- Due to the rapidly evolving nature of events surrounding COVID-19, the Regional Information Center will update its website based on the most recently available data.
- The Washoe County Health District is closely monitoring COVID-19. For the latest updates, please visit their website.
- The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services and the Nevada Governor’s Office have created a website to better share information and resources concerning the current status of COVID-19 throughout the state.
- For the latest from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, click here.
Sign Up for Our NewsletterSubscribe
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Community Health Alliance. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Community Health Alliance, 680 S. Rock Blvd, Reno, NV, 89502, https://www.chanevada.org. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email.