Prescription Food Pantry
The Prescription Food Pantry is a program at Community Health Alliance that provides free healthy food to patients who are food insecure. The aim of the pantry is to improve food security, provide nutritious foods needed to have a healthy diet and prevent or aid in the treatment of chronic disease.
The pantry is busy as can be! We are continually growing and serving larger numbers of patients. To accommodate the growth and continue to provide this essential resource we are in need of volunteers!
We are open Monday-Friday 7am-6pm and are looking for compassionate, motivated students who want to get some experience or want to help the community by volunteering their time.
– Unload food shipments, organize pantry, stock shelves and refrigerators
– Pack grocery bags for pantry clients
– Help clients get food to their car
Requirements (to be a volunteer)
– Bilingual is a plus!
– We are looking for individuals who can contribute 3 or more hours a week
– Able to lift 20-30 pounds
– Volunteers must on board with our HR department and take a TB test
If you are interested in volunteering please contact Eva Leon at email@example.com or call 775-336-3079.
To learn more about the program click here to watch a video