Prescription Food Pantry Volunteers
The Prescription Food Pantry is a program at Community Health Alliance that provides free healthy food to patients who are food insecure. The aim of the pantry is to improve food security, provide nutritious foods needed to have a healthy diet, and prevent or aid in the treatment of chronic disease.
We are open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at our Wells Ave. Health Center and Sparks Health Center. We are looking for compassionate, motivated individuals who want to get some experience or want to help the community by volunteering their time.
- Unload food shipments, organize pantry, stock shelves, and refrigerators
- Pack grocery bags for pantry clients
- Help clients get food to their car
Requirements to be a volunteer:
- Bilingual is a plus
- We are looking for individuals who can contribute three or more hours per week
- Able to lift 20-30 pounds
- Volunteers must onboard with our HR department
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Prescription Food Pantry Coordinator Adriana Cardenas.